Thursday, March 13, 2008

How the time Flies

Here it is Wednesday and I haven't posted yet this week! Yowza!

Clare and I are having a pretty good week this week. Last week was a bit grumpety. We're closer to finding our balance of 'getting stuff done' and 'enjoying ourselves'. Our girl is now weighing in at 12 lbs 10 oz (75th - 90th percentile) and is officially 8 weeks old tomorrow. She's 23.0 inches long (50th - 75th percentile). I haven't noticed her doing anything particularly 'new' this week, just a lot more of stuff that was new last week. Lots more smiling and laughing, lots more goo-gaas. She's also finding things more entertaining. In fact, I never even got around to making her toys since she's taken enough interest in the things around the house. Also - I've been playing with her with a deck of cards. The clubs and spades are especially fascinating for her. She also continues to enjoy the collection of colourful paper lanterns we have as well as her friends the faucet, the shiny doorknob, and the black and white detail on our kitchen cabinets.

Rob says that I've been 'hitting them out of the park' in terms of dinners lately. I'm going to have to start keeping better track of what we've liked that I made. We don't repeat too often, really but Rob's been requesting repeats of some of the things I've been cooking. If I can figure out how to tag in blogger, I'm going to start tagging the meals so that I can refer to them in the future. This weeks meals are as follows (if any of it sounds good to you, let me know and I'll post a recipe):

Monday -- Pan fried Pork Chops, Lemon Dill Risotto, Garlic Spinach
Tuesday -- Mushroom, Red Pepper and Feta Omelets with Salad and grilled pita
Wednesday -- Corn chowder, Well-dressed baked potatoes
Thursday -- Eating out (Vegetarian Chinese Food)
Friday -- Spaghetti and Meatballs
Saturday -- Mac's Birthday dinner in St. Catharines
Sunday -- Homemade turkey burgers and fries with salad

Talk to you soon,

B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy everything sounds yummy. Do you think you could start delivering to St. Catharines, say bi-weekly. I'd never get this Cuban weight off of me. Wouldn't mind the omlette receipe.

Mum