Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Clare and I have a busy week this week - filled mostly with enjoyable things. Starting with today. We started a yoga class with Baby and Me Fitness. Liz and Graham are also taking that class. I thought Clare would like it better than she did, given how much she loves coming to rehearsal with me and watching all the movement. I think she did enjoy herself but she gets a bit fussy when she has to spend lengthy periods on her back. While she wasn’t the easiest going baby in the room, she wasn’t the fussiest either. In other words, we fit right in. After that we went for lunch with Caroline and got mostly caught up on how things are going with her. Sadly, I still feel like I don’t have much to contribute to these kinds of ‘what’s new’ conversations without boring people to death with stories of Clare’s latest feats, Clare’s changing bowel movements, or the recent news from the perspective of Ellen Degeneres.

After doing some reading and talking with Rob, Susanna, and Karen, I’ve been feeling motivated to try to lower the cost of our grocery bill. I’ve been a bit lazy and been shopping only at Loblaws; I find it to be the most convenient solution. It’s one stop shopping, with carts that hold the carseat, and a big parking lot. This week I shopped exclusively at Food Basics after first consulting the weekly fliers. I spent about $30 less on groceries than the week before. We’ll see if the trend continues.

This week’s menu:

Monday – Irish Stew and bread (not the best stew recipe. Still looking for a better one)
Tuesday – Butternut Squash Soup and Salad
Wednesday – Chickpea Curry, Rice, Pita, Baba Ghanoush
Thursday—Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Acorn Squash
Friday – Stromboli, Coleslaw
Saturday – Chili, Chips and Guacamole,
Sunday – Easter Dinner

Have a good week everyone!

Talk to you soon,

B.

No comments: