Thursday, January 31, 2008

2 weeks old

Clare is doing well at her 2 week birthday. We had an appointment with our midwives on Tuesday and they say that her health looks great. She's now an inch taller than when she was born and weighs 8lbs (that's 18 oz more than at birth)! She's starting to develop some nice chubby cheeks and chunky thighs. It's awesome!

Also, this week I managed to finish the last few tidbits of work that I was supposed to finish before Clare came. Since she snuck up on me a bit early I still had two reports left to write. I finished them up yesterday and so I'm feeling a lot more relieved. I don't like having that kind of thing hanging over my head. Now, I've got just under two weeks to get the house ready for Rob's parents. Clare really likes being in her sling so I'm hoping this could go o.k. for us. I have a bit of trouble tying mine - but I suspect with a bit more practice, I'll get it. The sling I have is one that Carolyn gave me and it's made by Maman Kangourou.

The other good news - we have our webcam working. So, if you've got Skype and want to try contacting me at my 'home' Skype account we can try to get Clare on camera.

Hope that you're all doing well!

Talk to you soon,

B.

1 comment:

Karen Lew said...

You guys are doing great! awesome weight gain.