I’ve read a lot of knitting memes on all the knitting blogs that I peruse. They go around a lot. Of course, then, the 10 random things are supposed to be about knitting. Today I have been tagged by Kern to name 10 random things about myself. He of course was at the end of a line of tags from Kristin, Karen, and Gina. This, as Karen so helpfully pointed out when she was over last night, pretty much means that I will need to tag Kevin. So, Kev – you’re up!
8 Random Things About Me
1. Despite having started playing late (at 23) AND the first few years of play, I played somewhat reluctantly AND not playing this year, I still consider Ultimate Frisbee to be ‘my sport’ and was very excited and proud that the Canadian Ultimate Championship (held this year in Toronto) got a front page photo and mention in Metro today.
2. I could run faster this year (before getting pregnant) than I ever have at anytime before this year.
3. I have done secret, not entirely precise, annual speed measurements of myself over the past 7 or so years. Before that I didn't really run.
4. I consider dance to be an essential part of my soul.
5. I was on Tiny Talent Time on CHCH channel 11 when I was 10. I got to tell Bill Lawrence that I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up (so that I could help people work through their problems) and got to do a commercial announcement: "Don't go away, Tiny Talent Time will be right back!"
6. If I'd known sooner that there was such a field of study as "food science" or "food engineering" I think I would have done that instead of this.
7. It often surprises me that I live in Toronto and surprises me more that I've been here for 13 years.
Talk to you soon,B.