Sunday, March 04, 2007

Thanks Cynthia!!

Rob's mom is in town this week to stay with her sister (Bat Yi) who's going through a bit of medical work. When Rob picked her up at the airport yesterday, she passed along a present from Cynthia to me. And this is what I got - isn't it fabulous!!!! I LOOOVVVVEEEE IT!!!! Thanks Cynthia!

Sadly, I wasn't able to meet the MIL at the airport yesterday, I had to stay home and look over the shoulder of our contractor. Somebody has to keep things in line, apparently. While Rob's mom is here, she won't be staying with us, she needs to keep her eyes on Bat Yi but I think we'll be having lunch with her next week. I'm hoping to ask her about some Cantonese phrases that I want to learn. In particular, I want to better be able to prounce my name and to be able to order this chicken dish I like (bak tsi gai) and one other phrase of her choosing. We'll see how it goes.

Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Karen Lew said...

That bag is very "you". Cynthia is a very good shopper.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that now you have a wonderful new bag you won't want your old one (green one) so your mother will gladly take your hand me downs on that one.
Your a lucky girl that your in laws think so much of you. Must be the way you were brought up.Ha Ha

Mum

Rebecca said...

Cynthia is a FABULOUS shopper. She's practically a pro-shopper. :)

And no - mum - you CAN'T have my green bag. My new bag serves and entirely important but separate function than my green bag.

Talk to you soon,

B.