Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summer

Today, I like summer. It feels just like summer ought to be. It's warm and sunny and I have absolutely nothing new to report because I have been up to absolutely nothing. Ahhh .. summer.

However, it did rain this week -- so badly on Monday and Wednesday that my ultimate games were cancelled.

But for now, I'm forgetting that those days happened and revelling in the warm, skirt sporting, sandal wearing, drivin' with the windows down and the breeze in your hair with the radio blasting weather. Tonight is the video party for Push Pull, so there's a good chance that in a few hours I'll be completely overwhelmed with self-loathing at my lack of real dancing skill. In particular because I've been so completely engrossed and in awe of the So You Think You Can Dance dancers. Honest -- I've cried, like 5 times this season!!

And as if the day couldn't get any better ('cause the video party is nearly the highlight of the month) I get to go to Lee Valley before I head to Cathy's place. Did you know they opened a store at King and Spadina? This will be my first time there and I'm bubbling with glee!!!

Hope you're also enjoying the lazy hazy days!

Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Kern said...

You know, I've heard of Lee Valley, but I've never been there. In truth, I don't even know what they sell. I suspect this makes me some manner of luddite. :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard that the King and Spadina Lee Valley is really a wisp of what a real Lee Valley should be.

That being said, like Kern, I've never actually been to a Lee Valley... although I do know what they are. For Kern: they are a hardware store, so in fact, many actual Luddites might know of the store, where you did not.

Rebecca said...

Yeah - I thought Kern's luddite comment was pretty funny considering that quite a few luddites probably purchase from Lee Valley. I suspect that they probably don't use the internet to do so, though.

Well, I suppose it's true about the King and Spadina store not being a full Lee Valley experience. But you can order from any of their catalogs at that store. So, although they don't have a lot of stock on display you can still peruse the catalog and then order out of their stock room. And it's maybe a little to "pretty" to be true to Lee Valley. I just enjoyed getting to buy stuff and not having to pay a delivery charge. And I enjoyed making Rob say "Hey - no shopping! Just get what you came for and get out!" 'cause he could see the gleam in my eyes.

And - if you really are curious Kern: www.leevalleytools.ca

(they might even deliver to Japan)

B.