I pulled a modified Al Campbell last night.
Al was my gramps. He was a big fan of "Canadian Tire, Wire, and Rope". He used to go by and take stock of the inventory on a weekly basis. When he retired, I think it was daily. He could spend a good two hours wandering around, checking things out.
Last night, I visited Home Depot. I don't need anything from there. I wasn't intending to buy. But I was looking for inspiration. I spent about an hour and a half wandering around the Home Depot, imagining all the fun things I could build and incorporate into the new house. And I didn't even really stop at the paint section other than to learn about waterproofing the deck. I could have easily spent another good 45 minutes if I'd hung out around paint section.
Here's where I spent most of my time:
- plywood: I'm thinking of retopping my ikea tables to make them desks
- tile: the kitchen needs some new tile. I was hoping that they'd have our tile so that I would know that we could replace a few without having to tear it all out
- wainscotting: I was thinking about fashioning a headboard out of some mdf wainscotting
- lighting: our place needs a lot of lighting
- metal framing: there's a cool bookshelf I saw made out of metal house framing
- styrofoam: HD sells big pieces of styrofoam, cheaper than the cake store, that I could use as cake bases.
It was such a fun night!!!!!
Talk to you soon,