Thursday, December 15, 2005

West Side Story has Closed

Well, how 'bout that. It's been 10 days since West Side Story ended and yet this is my first blog entry. The past month has been one of those months that feels like it's been a year. But not because it moved slowly or was tedious in anyway. Just that so much concentrated life was packed into that time that to think back on it. Well, I mean, October must have been a year ago, no? And I have a confession to make. I've been suffering from a very serious case of post-show depression. I think it happens to everyone, really. It seems to have hit the entire cast harder this show than in others. And certainly for me, it's been worse for this show. West Side Story and my first show with Only Human (Kaleidoscope) will go down in history as absolutely unforgettable shows -- life changing. And also the worst cases of post-show depression. Sometimes I think "I hope I remember all of this, even when I'm old. And I hope I can regale my grandchildren with these stories until they are tired of hearing them. And I hope they are proud of me". Crazy, I know.

And now, here I am, thousands of feet above Alberta, on my way to Vancouver, Victoria, Squamish, and Whistler. Two weeks away from home. I'm excited to be seeing the family in B.C. but I'm also a little sad this year to be leaving everyone behind. I've been feeling particularly attached to friends, family, and cats in Ontario so I'm missing them all already. Hopefully, I will be cured instantly upon seeing the mountains. Me and the mountains. We go back a few years. And we have this kind of special relationship. They are great friends.

While on this trip, I have brought with me some knitting (Christmas gifts, of course), beading, reading, and intend to go skiing. So, don't worry, I won't be bored. It's tough having so many interests . Makes it hard to keep up with blog writing!!

Hope you're all doing well.

Talk to you soon,

B

No comments: