Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Dinner

Christmas Dinner Menu for 6

Carrot ginger soup

Butter lettuce salad with toasted pecans and pomegranate seeds in an orange vinaigrette

Roast sirloin tip of Beef with carmelized shallots and red wine
Twice baked potatoes
Squash puree with maple
Pancetta peas
Brussels sprouts with shallots and mushrooms (ala Christian's friend)
Homemade dinner rolls

Gingerbread and pear trifle


It's been a tradition with Rob's family for me to cook Christmas dinner. I really enjoy the opportunity, despite still getting a bit worked up that it will all turn out alright. This year's menu was highly successful - and by that I mean that it all came together fairly seamlessly, with the recipes I used being quite reliable, the recipes I made up working out better than I'd thought, and most of the work having been done ahead so that today was a bit more relaxed than in previous years.

Cheers!

B.

No comments: