Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's Been a Magical Year

Today is Clare's BIG DAY! Rob and I would like to wish her a very very happy birthday.

I've been spending most of the last few days reminiscing and thinking over the past year. All the sayings and cliche's feel so true. It's been so fast and yet so much has happened. It feels like Clare has been part of my life forever. I already can't remember what she looked like when she was born. I forget how small her feet were or what she sounded like when she cried. It's been one of the best years of my life.

I've read some other blogs where mom's write messages or letters to their kids. I've thought it was really sweet and I'm going to give it a shot today.

Dear Clare,

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! As I try to say to you every day, thanks so much for being born and thanks for choosing Daddy and me to be your parents. We are so extremely grateful.

You are already such a big girl now, it takes me by surprise. Full of laughter and play and at the same time serious and just so smart. Daddy and I are very proud of everything you've accomplished this year. We can already see that you're getting ready to take on all of the adventures you have before you with the same enthusiasm and determination you've taken on the challenges of walking and climbing stairs.

We hope that you've enjoyed this past year and that your next one will continue to be full of cuddles and laughs and good stories. You make our home warm and our hearts happy.

Be well little girl!

Love,

Mum

No comments: