Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Looking Out/Back?

In the office where I now work, the view out of my window is of the Engineering buildings at U of T where I spent most of 1995 - 2003. The view from the sink where I prepare my coffee is of the apartment I first shared with two of my dearest friends back in those days that were turning out to be the beginning of the rest of my life.

It feels kind of weird or ironic. Sort of a real live 'You can't escape your Past' message, or maybe 'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. One thing is certain, however: even though I'm still located in roughly the same place, it never feels like I haven't gotten anywhere.

Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Karen Lew said...

nice post!

Karen Lew said...

As a tribute to the Pit days, I am eating Lipton Noodles and Sauce. Good Grief, the moment I opened the package, I could smell the MSG.

kristin said...

:)

i think i'll have rice and cheese tonight. still not keen on adding beans though.