Friday, October 10, 2008

My Life's Little Pleasures

(if you haven't been checking in lately, there are likely a few posts for you to read. Scroll down!)

In light of the fact that yesterday was Rob's and my anniversary and today I'm staring going back to work in the face, I have been indulging in some of my favourite things.

Last night we went out on a date to see a movie. We stopped at a bulk candy store on our way and got a soda at the theatre. We watched "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" which totally counts as both an indulgence for the eyes, ears, and heart. I rustled my candy bag sufficiently to get scolded by an older woman sitting down the row from me. Then we went out for 'drinks' afterward. I had a steamed milk with honey and Rob had an Americano while we sat and talked in an entirely cozy and slightly glamourous local coffee hideout.

Today, I caught up on some online 'chores' while Clare napped. After her lunch, we went for a long walk. I ate a $7 grilled cheese from the Leslieville Cheese Market (Smoked Cheddar and all beef summer sausage on rosemary and olive oil Italian Bread) followed by an Eccles cake from Brick Street Bakery and an Americano from Mercury Espresso Bar. We shopped at the VV boutique (didn't find anything, though), SDM, and Baby on the Hip. Then we walked to a local playground that was in a school yard. Clare played on the slide and walked through the leaves - until recess, when she started following around the other kids.

What a wonderful end to the week.

Talk to you soon,
B.

No comments: