Tuesday, March 25, 2008

April Fools Day

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am certainly the fool this year, as April Fools Day approaches.

Stephanie-Pearl McPhee is hosting a book launch on that day this year. Last year it was at Indigo and I was tired from work and couldn't get in line early enough to get a seat so I'd missed her. I was all set to blog to y'all about my big plans to see her this time (and Skydiggers) at Isabel Bader Theatre next Tuesday (and to convince Sue and Karen to come with). I've been thinking about it for weeks now, ever since hearing from her about the launch. I'm on mat leave - I have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON NOT TO MAKE IT TO THIS EVENT!!

HOWEVER .. as I was about to enter the event details in my google calendar, I realized that I have a meeting that night, about a wedding cake. Sigh. The meeting could have been any Tuesday in April.. why o why o why did we have to pick that one!

maybe next year.

Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just about to email you to see if you wanted to go - I'm in Toronto that day anyway...

Sue

Rebecca said...

Double poo!
Darnit!
Hmm.. maybe I can move the meeting. It really was a randomly selected day. Is that unprofessional?
Stinker!

Karen said...

Haha! You know, I'm having the exact same dilemma. I'm supposed to have a PushPull exec meeting that day. I missed the last one, so I feel like I really need to be at this one. But gah! I SOOOO wanted to go!!