Monday, October 22, 2007

Sarah and Richard

I've sort of 'been away' for a little while. At least that's how it feels. That I've been gone and I'm finally back to real life. I'm at the end of yet another cake week. I got a bit behind schedule early on, so the past week and a bit has been intense. I'm now relaxing and recovering and trying to get caught up with everything (including this blog).



First and foremost -

Menu for the week:
Monday - Cheese tortellini with green beans in an almond, olive, and pesto sauce
Tuesday - Eggplant Paremsan
Wednesday - Meatloaf, potatoes, carrots, asparagus
Thursday - Potato Leek Soup
Friday - Eating out
Saturday - Out of town

Last but not least -

Rich and Sarah's Wedding Cake

The cake was a vanilla butter cake, filled with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. Covered in rolled fondant and then adorned with gumpaste flowers, gumpaste leaves, and buttercream vines. Inspired by a cake from Martha Stewart Weddings.

Again, I learned some tricks and techniques that I will carry to the next cake. And again, I didn't get the final presentation exactly as I'd hoped but the process was enjoyable and I just love that I'm still learning.


And here's one last close-up of the flowers


Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

xo sue

Karen Lew said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMG - great job kiddo. Your mother has been showing off so all the staff at Beatties is very impressed.
Mum