Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday hits Hard

I was hit harder today than usual by the beginning of the work week. I think I'm pretty wiped out from all the activity this weekend. All the activity and all the sugar I ate! Yesterday, I had a few friends over (all women) for a cookie exchange. There were Rolo cookies, Iced sugar cookies, Cranberry shortbread, Thimble cookies, Linzer cookies, Skor brittle, Cornflake cookies, Caramel Apple cookies, and Peanut butter chocolate crisp squares. I haven't tried them all yet but Rob ate one of each while I was out at dancing. He said they're all delicious! Can't wait to dig in.

I served brunch at the party and was pretty well pleased with myself for not going to crazy with the preparation. There was a lot of food but it was mostly prepared by someone who is not me. I made a Potato Leek soup in the slow-cooker and whipped up a simple salade of mixed greens, granny smith apples, and chopped pecans in a balsamic vinaigrette. I also served what I'd purchased, sourdough bread, scones, croissants, and bagels, yogurt, granola, and thawed berries, fresh fruit (some chopped by me, some whole), prosciutto, samosas, orange juice, cinnamon coffee and Earl Grey Tea.

See you tomorrow when I've recovered from insulin shock!

B.

2 comments:

Karen Lew said...

There was potato-leek soup?! Why was I not informed of this? or was I just too late?

Rob said...

you couldn't've been late since i had a big bowl of it after everybody left... becky says she tried to talk to you about the food but you were a bit discombobulated when you arrived and she didn't get a chance.