Sunday, November 12, 2006

Scary

Rob's been making me watch Season One of Lost. He got it as a present for his birthday. It's one of the scariest tv shows I've ever seen. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. It gives me nightmares and it makes my heart beat very fast. Last night I screamed. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get to the point where scary stuff on tv doesn't have an effect on me. Have any of you guys seen this show? It's been a pretty big hit by American standards. I mean - it's no '24' or anything - but it's had a lot of success. I don't remember there being anything that scary on tv when I was small.

Today I'm going to keep working on the den. Then, I'll be heading out to a baby shower. After that, it's on to rehearsal.

Have a nice Sunday everybody!

Talk to you soon,

B.

5 comments:

Gina said...

When I was small, Dr. Who was the scariest TV show ever!

I hear you about not wanting to be scared of make-belief. I once tried to "cure" myself by watching lots of scary movies and in so doing acheive some kind of immunity. It was a complete flop, and contributed to many sleepless moments!

I can only think of two people who succeeded in conquering their fear of the supernatural in one go. In both cases, the person took refuge in their faith. The first believed in God's love and that nothing would happen that God did not intend, and the second believed in science and the impossibility of the thing that was feared.

Anonymous said...

Why can't you believe, like I always told you, that tv is just someone's imagination. It seemed to work for your wacky brothers. Is this cd the same as the show that was on tv. Watched it weekly for quite some time but still don't remember anything scary just boring.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have the million dollars question for you & any of your smart friends. Why is the Niagara Peninsula now known as the World's Biosphere reserve.
Mum

Kern said...

First, let me say that I think Lost is great; I've been watching it pretty regularly given that I'm in Japan.

Second, if scary shows/movies didn't affect you, if they didn't make your heart beat faster, they wouldn't be interesting.

It's the same with horror, suspense, roller coasters; they all create a sense of fear, or loss of control, something that makes you profoundly uncomfortable.

The people who LIKE those things do so because they know there's a catharsis coming; when they get to the end and find out whodunnit, when the rollercoaster ride ends and they are in fact still alive, when the credits roll and the lights come up and the monsters disappear.

At least, that's what I think.

Gina said...

People also like it when other people are more afraid than they are!! :)