Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So much news!

I've had an extremely exciting day!

It can all be summed up by saying "While I was being interviewed for a documentary on PushPull, our real estate agent called to say that the offer was accepted and now we're home owners!"

Let's just start with the fact that the show was a success. The Globe and Mail article and the clip about us on CBC Metro Morning brought in a lot of new audience members. And a fair amount of press. My friend's dad, who's a filmaker, playright, conductor, director, and professor saw the show on the weekend and was so excited by it that he wanted to film a documentary about us. So, he shot 2 of the shows and has been travelling all around today talking to a few of the performers and board members (of which I am one). So he came to my lab today to ask me a few questions about my involvement in the show and with the company. As usual with me, I feel like I have a hundred stories I could tell him. I think my best moment in the footage was when I cited Alvin Ailey as an influence. I think my worst moment in the footage was when I also admitted to being influenced by Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul. Yep - that was dumb!

So, in other news - we own a house! Actually, our conditional offer was accepted. It's this crazy cool 3 story modern concrete home in Riverdale. The mls number is E922408 if you want to check it out. We'll get the house inspection tomorrow and everything should be good to go. The closing date is September 1.

Ok, gotta go!

Talk to you soon,

B.

5 comments:

Karen Lew said...

Congrats on both counts, Becky.

And those bedrooms are enormous. How are you going to fill them?

Anonymous said...

yes, congratulations

naughty karen!

Rebecca said...

We have no furniture. It's going to take us forever to save the money to furnish the house. I'm glad sparse minimalism is in! :)

Bex

Karen Lew said...

Hey, Kristin,

That isn't even what I meant (although it would have been witty if I had). I meant... You just dropped half a million dollars on a house. Is there anything left over for furniture, as Becky correctly surmised.

Kern said...

Congrats Becky, on the show and the house.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with being influenced by Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul. It would be surprising if you WEREN'T.

But I know what you mean. :)