Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Problem with Stephanie Pearl-McFee

Yes, you heard me. I said "The problem with Stephanie Pearl-McFee". I know it's a little mean for me to pick on her today, given that she's out of town and can't really defend herself. But, since she doesn't know me, and I don't really know her, I might be safe anyway.

Stephanie is the "Yarn Harlot". If I can figure out how to make a link, I will, but for now you can check out: www.yarnharlot.com. I've been reading Stephanie's blog almost daily (or whenever she posts) for a few months now. Stephanie just wrote a really funny book and has been travelling all over the continent promoting her book. And everytime she goes somewhere new, she blogs about all the people she met who have blogs. And she makes it sound like fun. In fact, Stephanie just happens to make ironing sound like fun, but that's another story. Today's story is about how everytime she blogged about somebody's blog, I'd go read that one too. And more than likely, they'd have a reference to someone else's blog. And before you knew it -- I WANTED ONE TOO!

Now, some might say I have luddite tendencies. After all -- I don't own a car or a cell phone. And some of my favorite things to do (see header) are knitting and baking. But now ... ... I HAVE A BLOG!

And it's Stephanie's fault.

See you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Kern said...

Hey 'becca!

Welcome to the "Blogosphere" :)

The cool thing about Blogs is, there's room for everybody; including self-professed luddites.

Anonymous said...

becca!

everyone's getting a blog. maybe i need one too. well, maybe not 'need'.

Catherine said...

Can you tell me what the title of that new book is? I have been trying to find it on Amazon but do not know the title to be sure I am ordering the right one!

It's a birthday present for a special knitter friend of mine and I'd like to get it as soon as possible.

Any help you can give me would be so TOTALLY appreciated! THANKS!!!
Catherine