Friday, July 08, 2011

Overheard

There are a collection of pictures in the hallway at Clare's daycare that the kids have drawn. There's a sign that says that the pictures are what the kids drew to show what they did on the weekend. Clare's picture is dated June 20, 2011 but hers is the only one that doesn't have a teacher-written description on it. So, I ask her:

Me: Clare, is this your picture?
C: Yeah.
Me: What's happening in this picture?
C: Nothing.
Me: But, it's supposed to be a picture from your weekend. Did you draw a picture of what you did on the weekend?
C: No.
Clare's teacher: I ask her all the time, how her weekend was and what she did. All she'll ever tell me is 'I slept. Then, I woke-up and watched tv. Then I ate breakfast. Then I got dressed. I stayed in my jammies until after breakfast' If I ask her what else she did, she just says 'nothing' or 'I don't know'"
Me: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's her favorite part of the weekend.

Sigh. I think she takes after her Dad.

Talk to you soon,

B.

No comments: