Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why I Am Lucky

About two weeks ago, something really cool happened.

Remember how we moved Clare into a toddler bed? Well, she's comfortable in it enough that she pretty much sleeps through the night. And, if she loses her Binky in the middle of the night she actually gets out of bed and finds it for herself. And some mornings she even wakes up and waits for Rob and I to wake up before she barrels in on us.* And you know what? That's not even the best part.

About two weeks ago, I noticed that Clare wasn't really finishing her bedtime bottle as quickly as she used to. I asked her, even though she was only part-way finished, if she was all done. She handed me the bottle. The next night, as she got ready for bed, I asked her if she wanted a bottle of milk. You know what she said?? "No." And you know what else? That was the last bedtime bottle she's had since. Completely given it up, just like that. Wild.

For the record, she hasn't weaned herself from her morning bottle, or from her Binky yet. But I can hope that those will go just as easily, can't I?


Talk to you soon,

B.

*On weekdays lately I've been waking before her and waking her up with my incidental morning noise.

No comments: