Monday, August 31, 2009

Fence-B-Gone!

You know how you mostly get these stacks of junk mail that you identify as junk mail and then just trash before even reading it? Do you find it kind of irritating when someone leave a flyer stuck in your door/on your mailbox for all those kinds of services - window cleaning, duct cleaning, trash removal, etc.? I suspect you will be shocked to hear me say that last week I got the best piece of junk mail EVER and I found it stuck to my fence.

The flyer was simple and frankly, if it weren't for the fact that I was on my way out for a walk with Clare (and not 2 feet from the nearest recycling bin), I wouldn't even read it. I'm so glad I did. This particular advert was for FREE removal of my chain link fence. You know, FREE removal of something I'd been wishing would disappear ever since we bought the place. FREE!!!

The wonderful folks offering this service are part of the Downtown De-fence Project. Which is an initiative of the Toronto Public Space Committee. I've contacted them already and if all goes well, we'll be fence free in less than a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted (unintentional pun, but I'm leaving it)

Talk to you soon,

B.

No comments: