Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Vacation?

I feel like I just got back from a vacation even though I didn't really go anywhere. In fact, everyone came to me instead of me going to see anyone.

The first visitor was Mac, who arrived on Thursday August 21 on the morning train. We spent the day shopping. We hit the Eaton Centre, Queen West, Danforth. We met up with Rob and Vera for a sushi lunch. That night, Christian arrived from Kelowna and all four of us (Clare too!) went to St. Catharines the next morning. I came back to Toronto on the Saturday for a party (The Welcome Back Kernabration). True to their word, Kevin, Su, Karen, and Rob did everything and I had to do nothing and so it really was very relaxing.

The day after Christian left, Cynthia arrived. We ate out, we shopped, we napped, we played board games. It felt a bit like being at a cottage except that it was the city. The highlight though was something entire un-cottage like. We went to see "Avenue Q".

Avenue Q was absolutely fabulous. It was creative and funny and sweet and well executed. The show was just brilliant. The style of comedy is exactly the kind of humour that I find funny. The voice work and puppetry were superb. I just can't say enough about it. We saw it on closing night here in Toronto. Otherwise, I swear, I would have gone again. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Now, we're back home and getting ready to tackle some big projects. It's gonna be action-packed the next few weeks.

Talk to you soon,
B.

No comments: