Monday, December 10, 2007

Yummy!

Caroline and I have been working on a cosmetics project slowly and in bits and pieces over the past couple of months and we're almost done! We've been working on putting together sets of soap, body butter, and scrubs to give as Christmas gifts to our friends and family. We prepared the soap a while back because it does take some time to cure. We also made up some shea butter based body butter. We weren't sure about the the method for the body butter and actually, it didn't turn out as well as we'd hoped. Then, a couple of weeks ago we cut the soap and wrapped most of it. Tonight we finished up our set. We prepared some sugar body scrubs and then melted down and reworked (whipped) the body butter. Actually there was so much whipping that we started to burn out the motor of the stick blender! Now, we've got enough for each of us to give away 8 complete sets of 2 bars of soap, 4 oz of body butter, and 8 oz of sugar scrub. We have a lot of body butter leftover - in fact we didn't even bother melting it all down and reworking it tonight. We've got about 12, 4oz jars and 2, 8oz jars extra. All that's left is packaging and labeling. And let me just say - the scent is so delicious! Even more delicious is how close we are to being finished!

I was thinking back tonight to when I was a younger girl. I used to watch The Young and The Restless with my Nana and would daydream a bit about being like Ashley Abbott when I grew up. Remember her? She was John's daughter and she worked for Abbott cosmetics in the lab as a chemist dreaming up new formulations for perfume and make-up. And now, here I am tonight, putting together a batch of scented lotions and scrubs and soaps! Makes me feel like a kid again!

Talk to you soon,

B.

No comments: