Saturday, December 08, 2007

On our way!

Our construction project for the weekend is well underway!

I'm not sure that we've managed to keep the schedule that Rob had been hoping we'd keep but we've made so much progress, it's been great! Of course, none of this progress has much to do with me. My job today was to go to Home Depot - similar to my job on Wednesday - but today I went about 3 or 4 times (it's late, I've already lost track). Our helpers are great! So far they have brought with them not only their time and energy but also some invaluable expertise. There is just no way Rob and I could have figured out how to get it done without everyone's help. Yay Team!

The big challenge today was our back door. Since the floor inside is getting higher, and the back door opens inward, the door needed to be cut. Since the door needed to be cut, we needed a new threshold, and had to build-up around the base of the door. And man, does it look even harder than it sounds!

But now, it's done and we can get to laying all the floor.

Talk to you soon,

B.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

OMG! When I saw your post heading, my heart skipped a beat thinking you were going into preterm labour!! =)
Happy renovating!
Pam

Karen Lew said...

LOL. If I hadn't spoken to you on the phone yesterday, I might have taken the same meaning as Pam did.

Rebecca said...

Ha! I didn't even think of that. I should definitely be more careful with my blog post headings!

Becky