Friday, December 01, 2006

"Listen to Christmas Music"

Although today is not technically the first day of Advent (Sunday is), it is the first day of December and the first day of opening up the Advent calendar that Rob and I made. I was giddy with anticipation when I woke up this morning, just thinking about it. Have I mentioned how much I love Advent calendars? {If you want to play, there are a couple of online Advent Calendars that Wikipedia recommends here and here.} Anyway, before I left for work, we opened up the top box - the box with the big #1 on it. Inside was one of the note pages we'd written a holiday activity on. The rule is, whatever the activity is, that's what we have to do together that day. "Listen to Christmas Music" was the instruction. So, today at work I programmed my Pandora account for some holiday tunes and I've been listening all day. Now, Rob and I are listening to carols and festive songs as we unwind from the week.

Here are some examples of what we've heard so far:
"Go Tell It On the Mountain" by the Gas House Gang
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Christina Aguilera
"White Christmas" by Diana Krall
"Christmas All Over Again" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Jane Monheit
"Happy Christmas" by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

I'm absolutely into the Christmas spirit! And tonight, while Rob plays poker with some of the guys, I'm going shopping for Christmas decorations for the house.

What a happy day!

Talk to you soon,

B.

No comments: