Thursday, November 23, 2006

Isn’t technology fun?

Technology is great isn’t it? I’m working on my blog on my laptop while I watch “Lost: Season Two” on Rob’s computer. Since we don’t have the Xbox I’ve been watching DVDs on Rob’s computer.

So – speaking of technology, have you crazy live-abroad types heard of Craig’s list yet? Craig’s list is super fantastico! And today, I had my first Craig’s list exhange. Here’s how it went down. Remember how I decided to change the paint colour of the trim in the den? Remember how I had a whole gallon of ceiling paint that I’d already had mixed to match the trim colour that I don’t like anymore? Well, how ‘bout that – I don’t have it any more! And ya know what, I have a crisp $20 bill instead. I listed my can of paint at 3:00 today and it was sold by 5:00. The exchange went down at 7:30.

I’m thoroughly impressed with how well the whole thing went.

You guys should give it a try. There's even a Craigslist for Berlin, Japan, Denmark, Vancouver, or Montreal.

Talk to you soon,

B

3 comments:

Rob said...

hah... bex spoke too soon. i went to deliver the paint, and the woman backed out of the deal. anybody wanna buy some paint?

kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristin said...

he craigslist in berlin isn't all that popular. it's a bit of a ghost town. a friend (an american) rented her apartment out for two months over craigslist. the first woman who said she'd take it backed out after jess had already booked her flights.